Tramadol and Other Drugs
You can be more probable to have a seizure (convulsions) if you use Tramadol when you are taking definite additional medications. Do not use Tramadol without telling your physician whenever you as well take whatever of the following medicaments:
* an MAO inhibitor like isocarboxazid (Marplan), tranylcypromine (Parnate), phenelzine (Nardil), or selegiline (Eldepryl, Emsam);
* an antidepressant drug like amitriptyline (Elavil, Vanatrip), citalopram (Celexa), clomipramine (Anafranil), desipramine (Norpramin), escitalopram (Lexapro), fluoxetine (Prozac, Sarafem), fluvoxamine (Luvox), imipramine (Tofranil), nortriptyline (Pamelor), paroxetine (Paxil), or sertraline (Zoloft);
* cold or allergy medication, sleeping tablets, muscle relaxers, and medication for seizures or anxiousness may add up to somnolence induced by Tramadol. Tell your physician whenever you on a regular basis apply whatever of these medicaments, or whatever additional pain drug.
Tell your physician about all additional medications you take, particularly:
* carbamazepine (Tegretol);
* lithium (Eskalith, LithoBid);
* ADHD medicaments (Adderall, Ritalin, Strattera);
* an antibiotic drug like clarithromycin (Biaxin), erythromycin (E.E.S., EryPed, Ery-Tab, Erythrocin), linezolid (Zyvox), rifampin (Rifadin, Rimactane, Rifater); or telithromycin (Ketek);
* antifungal drug like clotrimazole (Mycelex Troche), itraconazole (Sporanox), ketoconazole (Extina, Ketozole, Nizoral, Xolegal), or voriconazole (Vfend);
* cancer medicaments like gefitinib (Iressa), imatinib (Gleevec), or nilotinib (Tasigna);
* a cardiac rhythm drug like amiodarone (Cordarone, Pacerone), flecainide (Tambocor), propafenone (Rythmol), or quinidine (Quin-G);
* heart or blood pressure drug like diltiazem (Cartia, Cardizem), felodipine (Plendil), nifedipine (Nifedical, Procardia), verapamil (Calan, Covera, Isoptin, Verelan), and others;
* HIV/AIDS medication like atazanavir (Reyataz), delavirdine (Rescriptor), fosamprenavir (Lexiva), indinavir (Crixivan), nelfinavir (Viracept), saquinavir (Invirase), or ritonavir (Norvir, Kaletra);
* migraine headache medication like sumatriptan (Imitrex, Treximet).
This list is not accomplished and there are a lot of extra substances that may interact with Tramadol. Tell your physician about each medicaments you apply. This includes prescription, nonprescription, vitamin, and herbal substances. Do not begin a new drug without telling your physician. Keep a list of all your medicaments and demonstrate it to whatever caregiver who handles you.